Translate

Heartache's Conclusion

His words ooze
like blood from
a vicious wound.
His eyes are fire,
his violent outbursts
fill the room.
Tears of hatred,
sweat of pain,
veins of boiling
anger emerge.
His stay isn't
quite clear.
His voice is deep,
spit seething
between his teeth.
Calm down sir,
I'm starting to fear you.
Everyone's quiet,
still. Afraid
to move.
I approach
him, so cautious.
I take his hand
and sit him down.
Sir, what's the matter?
What causes such rage?
I'm afraid, he said,
I'm afraid of the pain.
Pain? Explain please.
I asked him again.
The pain of my heart
if I love her again.
I've taken her back,
Twice now it's been.
She leaves me for others.
It's always him.
I'm speechless, in shock.
No guy loves as does he.
And how could he love
a woman like she.
A pang of jealousy
stabs my left side,
and I instantly tell him
let's go for a ride.
I talk, and he listens.
He talks and I listen.
I've hurt, and he's loved.
He's hurt, and I'll love.
Kind sir, your name?
Kelly Bradley,
if you will...
My name is Jennifer,
to meet you
I am pleased.
For your time,
and your heartache.
for your voice,
and your tears.
For the lesson
that you've taught me
I'll take with me
through the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment