Translate

The Trip

On Wednesday I decided
to take a little drive.
I didn't look behind me,
and I didn't wave goodbye.

I simply drove straight ahead
for as far as I could see.
Then I thought more of the end
and how near to him I could be.

The grass was blue-green
and all covered in dew.
My feet got all wet as
I walked, thinking of you.

The car was still parked,
on the side of the road.
The engine still running,
I was carrying the load.

My shoulders were heavy
with guilt and sick sorrow.
The farther I walked,
the closer came tomorrow.

Little did I realize that
when I reached the end,
God's apologies and temper
were the things that didn't bend.

When I reached the edge
I took one last look around.
The sunset was bright orange,
and far down was the ground.

I took just one step forward
and started flying like a bird.
When I reached the bottom,
I left without a word.

No comments:

Post a Comment